Monday, September 8, 2008

Waiting on you

Dear Milo,

You can come whenever you want now. I am ready. I think. I have friends that have way more kids than I currently do who get more accomplished in a day than I can in a month, but don't worry, all you will really need is love, right? Love and diapers. And my boobs. Am I forgetting anything?

I can do this. I think. Even though it was only weeks ago that I swam as fast as I could to dry land when we saw a lightning storm close in on us at the lake, as your brother was drifting away alone on a raft. I believe that was when your dad told me I have the maternal instinct of a sea cucumber. He was joking. I think. To my credit, I thought your aunt Jen was watching him. And it is not like he was't wearing a life jacket.

I can already tell that things will be different for you than they were for Henry. You are lucky because you will be getting a far laid back version of parenting than Henry got as a baby. That means we get to have more fun and less worry this time around. Since these blogs are the closest thing you and your brother will have to a baby book, your dad was adamant that you have your own. We made you a special room, purchased diapers and washed all of your little baby clothes. See, you are important already and you are not even here yet. This is going to be an adventure for us all and I can't wait to kiss your sweet face and experience everything you will bring to our family. We are ready when you are. We really are.

Love,

Your Mommy

5 Comments:

Blogger Olivia said...

Dear Milo:
Being the second born isn't so bad. My big sister gets me toys and food. She plays catch with me and lets me put things in my mouth that my parents don't allow. So come on out and see us, will ya?
Your pal,
Palmer

September 11, 2008 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hi Milo! We can't wait to meet you! Be nice to your mommy when you come out, okay? xoxox

September 15, 2008 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Of course you can do this...and when you can't, you'll still have the boobs and you can call me and cry...can't WAIT to see this sweet baby!!!!

September 16, 2008 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Sarita said...

you washed all the baby clothes?! wow this kid is lucky. i can't wait to follow another baby althoff blog!

September 16, 2008 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger reagan/mikki said...

are we there yet?????

September 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home