Friday, July 10, 2009

Month One: And then there were four



After several crazy false alarms, you came into this world swiftly in a body much larger than expected. Your aunt Erin and I were surprised by the generous size of your nose (it was normal size by day two). You had a red birthmark on your left eyelid, which has since faded and is still noticeable sometimes when you cry. You were BEAUTIFUL. I could not stop staring at you and kissing your face and touching the dimple on your chin. You were so tiny and sweet and made me immediately want this to not be the last time we have a little baby in our lives.

The first month after your arrival was mostly marked by adjusting to life with two babies. You were a good eater but rarely slept for more than two hours at a time. As with most month old babies, there was not much else going on outside of the usual diaper changing, feeding and sleeping. You logged some hours in the baby swing during the day and slept in a bassinet next to our bed at night. We introduced a bottle when you were four weeks old. You were not receptive, but we figured with some practice, you would take one in no time. I remember all of us being tired. I remember my boobs hurting. I remember being constantly thankful to have a healthy boy. We knew we were lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home