Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome to the Thunderdome



8:59am
Here we are at the hospital room. Took 4 tries to get an IV in Kelsey, but finally had some success in her hand.

At check-in:
Nurse: Is this your first baby?
Kelsey: Yes.
Greg: Are you sure?

9:26am








The view of the mountains is ALMOST worth the deductible we'll be paying after this adventure.

9:50am
Kelsey is off walking the halls. Unless I don't know something, we need her to have this baby.

89 years ago, in presumably much different surroundings than this hotel-like hospital room, my Grandmother was born. We're very excited to have Milo share her birthday.

10:23am
Go figure, two and a half years after Henry and hospital food hasn't improved any. My cinnamon roll had the taste complexion of mulch. I know. This is very hard for me. As I type, Kelsey is breathing through some hammer contractions. But she didn't have to eat my cinnamon roll.

11:12am
There we go, Dr. Nawrocki, or as we call him "The Angel of Mercy" just administered a walking epidural. Bonus points for the buzz he said Kelsey may experience as the drugs take effect. Feels like college all over again. Minus the having a baby part.

8 Comments:

Blogger Schmitt Photography said...

poor henry, already forgoten about and he is still an only child...

September 22, 2008 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needs more nudity

September 22, 2008 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crop out the building, stamp out the top of the ladder.

September 22, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger leah said...

I'm already queasy.

September 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Momma Jen said...

Come on Milo! Come out preferably before 2pm mountain time since that is my bedtime here in Sweden. (I guess I could push it to 3pm.)

September 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Kelsey looks better in labor than I do on a regular day. Been thinking about you all weekend. I'm so excited to see Milo!

September 22, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hooray, Kelsey! But the person I really feel for is Greg, what with the unsatisfactory cinnamon roll and all. You poor thing.

September 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger reagan/mikki said...

you look gorgeous!!!
i miss you!!!!!!!!!!

September 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home