Monday, July 13, 2009

Month Four: Firsts


You moved into your new bedroom in our new house. You touched snow. You started to belly laugh.

This month was such a blur because it was all about getting used to being with you boys on my own during the day. Early on, I locked myself out of the house with you boys inside. It was snowing. I was wearing my pajamas. I remember looking through the window at your sweet little feet kicking away at the toys hanging down from your activity mat. I could hear your brother asking me for more eggs, from way up high on his new tall big boy seat. Then, yada, yada, yada, you children survived, unscathed, no toes were lost to frostbite, and thankfully our neighbors no longer think I am completely out of my mind.

By the end of this month, there had been an investment of approximately one hundred and fifty American dollars in the effort to get you to not be completely dependent on me for your feedings. We tried every bottle, nipple, and a top of the line warmer. It was with a heavy heart that I finally accepted your stance on the matter.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Milo didn't dig the bottles, eh? Archer never took to them either.

July 13, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

ah, what a great pic

July 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I'm not sure how you can remember all of this...it truly was a blur for me and I wasn't even there!

July 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Julie said...

Well Susie I was there and it has taken me reading these posts to remember. Thank goodness we have Kelsey's young mind to help us jog our memories. I went with her to the Doctors yesterday as both boys were sick and the Doctor mentioned two things to mix together for a diaper rash and I said "Oh Kelsey we had better write this down because I won't remember." She sort of chuckled and said oh I will remember. I had forgotten before we left but she didn't as I quizzed her as soon as we left the office.

July 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home